The OxFutures initiative was launched at the Action on Energy event on 24 January at the Saïd Business School in Oxford.
Over 200 local leaders from business, education, public sector and communities gathered to discuss Oxford’s low carbon future with a panel of renowned speakers, including:
- Catherine Bottrill, CEO Pilio
- Martin Chilcott, CEO 2degrees
- Dr Barbara Hammond, CEO Low Carbon Hub
- Dr Cameron Hepburn, Professor of Environmental Economics
- Luke Marion, Finance Director Oxford Bus Company
- Leo Johnson, Co-author Turnaround Challenge
- Caroline Mason CBE, Chief Executive Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- Jonathon Porritt CBE, Co-founder Forum for the Future
- Tim Stevenson OBE, Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire
The Action On Energy programme can be downloaded here.
Event Photos © Marc West
Jonathon Porritt refers to OxFutures and the Low Carbon Hub in his recent blog on the new Community Energy Strategy.
ITV Meridian news covered the event – Green energy boost for Oxfordshire.
The Oxford Times – Looking to the future to reduce carbon emissions.